I have been staring at this screen for a few moments now combined with the sheet from my process group. I am having a hard time shaking the cobwebs out of my skull this morning.
I’ve never examined why life is worth recovering for. I realize it is part of my recovery process, but just on my own merits it isn’t anything I have ever thought of and it makes me question why that is. So I have decided to write out my 10 Reasons Why LIfe is Worth Recovering For:
- A good meaningful hug
- Enjoying a morning sunrise and sunset
- A good friend who doesn’t care what you look like.
- The love of animals (unconditional love is the best!)
- A good cup of tea (ahhhhh)
- Dance like no one is looking (who cares, I don’t)
- The sound of the Ocean, I’ve missed those waves when I lived somewhere else!
- My love of gardening (i love to plant my seeds and to see them flourish for eating and sharing)
- My love of Snoopy and Woodstock makes me smile and feel happy inside
- Charity/Volunteer work (I take great pride in what I do and it really helps me feel something on the inside)
At first starting my list was super hard, but I know that is because I over think things. So I googled what I was looking for and once I saw things that I was truly passionate about; my very own 10 Reasons Why Life is Worth Recovering For started to flow off my fingers.
My wish is that whenever I feel really down that I come back to this blog and realize I really do have a Reason for Recovering.