I am cross posting this as I feel my readers who are animals lovers could “like” my post on my Wags and Wiggles link and to make them aware of the dangers of Rock Salt with our pets.
We have been remiss in not keeping our animal blog up to date. As expected we know we have lost blog readers; but that’s ok, we will work on earning them back. To start, here is our post on the dangers of Rock Salt and our pets.
Each year many thousands of cats and dogs die or are made severely ill from the toxic effects of rock salt.
Local municipalities frequently use rock salt after heavy snow with sand or grit to improve traction. Householders may use it to help melt ice and snow on paths and make it easier to spade or sweep away.
Rock salt is very poisonous to cats and dogs. Unfortunately, they can easily ingest it when they lick their fur after being outdoors. The result can be fatal. According to the RSPCA:
It is difficult to say how much needs to be eaten for signs…
View original post 257 more words